Sunday, June 27, 2010

SushiPaLooza and Celebrating Life

I didn't blog Friday because I'm trash. Yeah...it's true. I'm fun, smart, witty, beautiful, and an all around awesome as shit girly girl. But, I can't seem to remember to blog every week. Damn it...maybe if I had more feedback from my lovely followers. If I felt more loved I might feel more obligated to grace you with my thoughts every week. ;) Probably not.

So, I worked like a turk (I've heard that my whole life from old people and never really investigated what it meant. Sorry if you're a Turk and offended...but I also really don't care) ALL week. I pulled serious overtime and even had to drag ass in after a night of drunken tambourining on Saturday morning. I hate seeing 8:00 am on Saturdays. Ugh. I guess I should be thankful. At least I have a job to go to and bitch about. Something like 9% of the country can't say that right now. Anyway, there are no excuses for not blogging like I'm supposed to but I'll go ahead and try using that. It was just a long, hard week. But like they say...work hard-play harder. So, that's just what I intend to do.

After my Saturday of tech work at the firm my wonderful Huburban and I headed to Granbury, Tx to stay the rest of the weekend with my long lost buddy from elementary school. Josh Garza and I had been the best of buds "back in the day" but as with most people from your past we lost contact after school ended. But big shout out to Facebook because we discovered each other after about 10 years of space. Little awkward at first but after about 30 minutes it was like we were 13 again and sitting on the band bus laughing our asses off at EVERYTHING. Thankfully, my Huburban (that's Josh's pet name) ended up making a great new buddy, too. It was an AMAZING night.

Suddenly the stress of life and work and bills melted away as the three of us rolled our own sushi and made a terrible mess with sticky rice, raw salmon, avacados, and imitation crab meat. lol . Did I mention beer...lots of beer. I think it's official. Once a year we'll all get together for SushiPaLooza, guitar picking, and some good brew. It's 11:oo am Sunday...I've just cleaned the sushi mess (that was worse than working on a Saturday for the Corporate Man) and we're downing our first cups of coffee. In about an our we'll jump in the pool and float the rest of the weekend away.

This is a little different blog than usual. No WTF?'s, no celebretard gossip, no movies to mention...no shows to plug. Just a snapshot of my weekend. However, as you read this I do hope you take something away from it. Hopefully as you read this you're healthy and at least somewhat happy. :) For the first time in my life I'm being faced with illness and death. I've had a good 30 year run of wearing rose colored glasses. Nothing BAD has really ever happened to me or those I love. Sure, elders have passed and been sick but they were 80...it was "their time" as they say. But now I am having to take the glasses off and examine life. There are things in life we don't expect to happen. There are things in life that suck. There are things in life that hurt. But we can't let these things kill our drive, spirit, hopefulness, and love. Things in life that seem so big and cause stress probably aren't as bad as they seem. Your boss, your bills, your flat tire, your Saturday overtime, your relationship BS....none of it really matters. What matters is that you're alive, healthy, and given a new chance at life EVERY day you wake up. Maybe this is the "lesson" I am supposed to learn....maybe you have already learned this. If you haven't then let's learn it together.

I'm going to go play now. I'm going to float in the pool with my wonderful husband who I love more than anything in this world and my rediscovered best friend. Yeah...I have to get up early and go to work..ugh. Yeah, I've got bills in the mailbox that I can't pay right now. Yeah, this week will be busy and I'll be tired. But, I'm thankful for all of it and TODAY... It's time to play. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment