Friday, April 23, 2010

WTF? and a Few Things to Think About

It's FINALLY Friday and as always THANK GOD (or whoever the hell you choose to thank). I choose to thank the Universe because it has this way of keeping Monday-Thursday rolling. ;)

I was sick all week and ended up taking a "Personal" day yesterday to relax and stuff my brain full of soap operas. It was nice to sleep in until 11:00. It was nice to listen to it rain. It was nice to suddenly feel better and head to the mall, too. So it got me thinking...what would life be like if I were a stay at home wife? I can't be a stay at home mom because we all know I've knotted up all the plumbing but a stay at home wife could be cool. I'm not a career woman. I didn't grow up burning my bra and chanting about equal rights in the workplace for women. Don't get me wrong...it's a good thing. We girls are smart, capable, strong, and just as driven as any man. But, I just never saw myself climbing the corporate ladder. I don't want to break "glass ceilings" or sport a pair under my office appropriate knee length skirt. I want to be FREE. I want to volunteer for animal organizations and organize charity events for military veterans. I want to entertain and learn how to bake. I want to have the perfect Christmas tree in the Winter and the perfect flower bed in the Spring. I want to take back my individualism I'm known for. I want to have a puppy and the TIME for it. No, I'm not lazy. I challenge anyone that says getting up at 5:00 am every day to go to a place I semi like to deal with people I semi don't all the while keeping up with the LSS, blogging, house work, lawn maintenance, body maintenance, and still fitting in time for weekend singing gigs and hot tub fun LAZY. I just don't identify my self worth with my work title and what I "DO" anymore. By the way, does anyone else absolutely HATE that question? You meet somebody for the first time and the first question is always, "So, what do you DO?" I always want to say something bitchy like, "I live."

So, basically I want to be a stay at home mom...without the kid! How do I do this? Well, I either wait for Rusty to strike it big or we start buying powerball lotto tickets. Which leads me to my WTF? of the week.

If you haven't heard the $258 million dollar powerball was claimed today by a 29 year old Missouri HICK of the highest order. Christopher Shaw claimed the winnings today and it coudn't have happened to a needier person. Kid had $28.00 in his checking account until payday. He has 3 kids, not many teeth, and just bought a 1998 Ford Ranger from a buddy who is nice enough to let Shaw pay him the $1000 asking price in $100 monthly installments. Talk about livin' in hard times.

Shaw said he needed a few days to decide whether he will keep his minimum-wage job at the store where he has worked for just three weeks. WTF? Here's some advice, kiddo. QUIT and use some of that money to get yourself some help managing this new wealth of yours. Get some teeth, get some edumacation, set some funds up for those 3 kids (and make sure they have teeth, too) and do all of this before you get to pimpin' that trailer. ;) If it were me...I'd run for the hills in a SECOND! I'd be doing all the things I mentioned above. Like...YESTERDAY.

If Shaw takes the lump sum it comes to a payoff of $124,875,122. I don't think most of us can imagine that amount of money. It's hard to wrap your mind around it. So what would you do?
Shall we entertain that fantasy??? Or is it just sad because eventually you have to wake up and go back to work? SIGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment