Friday, March 12, 2010

My Future is So Bright...

I gotta wear shades. Timbuk 3. Hahaha...funny how a band can come and go and nobody remembers anything about them except perhaps a line from a song made famous for a wonderful 15 minutes. I use that line all the time but I had to look up WHO sang it just now. Thanks, Google. You saved my ass once again.

You know what you shouldn't forget? Well, outside of your social security number, your spouse's birthday, and the speed limit in a school zone; KINDNESS.

Earlier in the week I met an individual who, over the last 7 days, has shown me more kindness than I could even begin to imagine. This individual seemingly walked into my life and each day has changed it in some way for the positive. So here's the topic today. When this happens to you; and it will at some point in your life, how do you begin to pay them back?

Well, as this story unfolds I will elaborate more. But for the here and now just know that my life will slowly transform over the next few months and it is all due to meeting the right person at the right time. Sometimes drunk karaoke is a GOOD thing. ;) Well, maybe that's not the lesson here. lol. Maybe I should say sometimes taking risks is a good thing. Even if the risk is getting on stage and singing badly with a rock band in a bar on a crazy Friday night. I mean...the road to greatness always has to start somewhere.

So, I know this is all very cryptic. But as time progresses you'll see things unfold. Until then here is your lesson for the week. As I was speaking to this individual about all the changes and opportunities being laid at my feet I kept trying to express my gratitude. I finally asked, "How can I ever pay you back for this?"

The answer was simple.

Pay it Forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment